Recreation Program (REC)
The Chagrin Soccer Recreation (REC) Program is an introduction to soccer. The mission of our REC program is to instill a joy of physical activity by providing safe and developmentally sound experiences to a healthy lifestyle and the sport of soccer. Our program uses a mixture of relying on volunteer coaches, parents, and trainers to provide the best development to our children.
Recreation Player Youth Profile
REC is for the youth player that wants to learn the sport, physical activity, and basic fundamentals and technics of soccer. Recreational soccer primarily devotes itself to the enjoyment and development of soccer players without the emphasis on high-level pressure to win. The purpose of recreational soccer is to provide an opportunity for the participants to have fun, play with a sense of team and community, learn the sport, and develop life skills including a life long love of the game.
The Benefits of Recreation Soccer
- Recreational soccer provides a rich and enjoyable environment where children can be introduced to the sport in a nurturing and supportive way that allows them to learn the game, experience the game and grow to love the game.
- Low pressure, fun filled activities are essential to the development of basic skills and tactical awareness and recreational provides just that model.
- Players get to play with the school and neighborhood friends.
- Our Recreation league is coached by volunteer parents. Practices are set at the discretion of our volunteer coaches. Most teams hold one practice per week.
- All games are played on Saturdays. Teams play at least six games in the Fall and reconvene to play at least six games in the spring. Recreation cost is $150 annually, per child.
A starting place for all young players
- Recreational programming for the younger players is the very lifeblood of the sport. The youngest players in soccer, all enter as recreational players.
- Initial development of the future elite players later down the road for those who choose that level of play.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org